sunflower design competition
fcf22 sunflower design competition
Calling all creative young people, Foster Wales Newport invites you to submit your original Sunflower designs to celebrate Foster Care Fortnight© 2022!
As part of this year’s Foster Care Fortnight©, Foster Wales Newport is running a ‘Sunflower Design’ Competition and asking young people in the local community to get creatively involved. Sunflowers represents how foster carers can nurture a child looked after so that they can nourish, flourish and grow to reach their full potential.
Foster Care Fortnight© is the UK’s biggest foster care awareness raising campaign, delivered by leading fostering charity, The Fostering Network. This year’s theme is #FosteringCommunities to celebrate the strength and resilience of fostering communities and all they do to ensure children are cared for and supported to thrive.
It hopes to shine a light on the many ways people in the fostering community have supported each other during the Covid-19 pandemic – and to highlight the need for more dedicated foster carers.
The competition is open to all Newport Primary schools.
Here is all the information you will need and how to submit your design.
- Age group 4 – 11
- Prize will be: 1st prize £25, 2nd – £15, 3rd – £10
- Picture to be designed on A4 page provided
- You can be as creative as you like whether that be with paint, crayon, pencils, pen, ink, or felt tips, any materials can be used for the design.
- Each picture must have the following information printed clearly on the back: Full Name, Age, Year Group, School Name
- Pictures should be sent to: email@example.com